Tuesday, March 23, 2010

After death.

Being around death for the past few days has got me thinking of life after death and how important eternal salvation is. I do not live my life with a sense of urgency as I should. I do not live it as Christ is coming today as I should. There are many things I do not do, that I most definitely should.

This past Sunday was the funeral for my "step"-grandmother, Mrs. Edith. I put step in " " because she treated me as if I were her grandchild. She loved me as much in the seven years I knew her as anyone else had done in that same amount of time. Her death was much expected, and I was surprised she had stayed alive this long. But as David, my "step"-dad said this morning, there was purpose to her life every bit these past few weeks as there was 10 years ago. There is no doubt in my mind that Mrs. Edith is in Heaven.

Which that brings me to the subject of this entry: Heaven and Hell, but probably more so Hell. Hollywood gives Hell the look of flaming, hot, burning, fires, etc. I'm not quite sure that is what Hell looks like or feels like. If I had to guess what Hell looked and felt like, it would look alot like the world today, just take the joy out of it. For example, ten days ago I was on Bourbon Street and while at the time it seemed like alot of fun, but looking back it was full of sin. Sin that now repulses me.

I don't think life changes too much for the individuals who live life like this. Observing these individuals, it seems they lived a life without Christ, or perhaps and hopefully it was just at that specific time. The only difference to the life they live now and Hell is hope.

As quoted from Darrell Jones, "i mean its a place completely devoid of the holy spirit, which by definition is supposed to be a comfort. so a place without hope or comfort. or bojangles, but it will have jonas brothers albums and homework. pretty much it will be kwinns basement. complete with twilight posters"

I would try to give my thoughts on Heaven, but I can't even possiblly imagine what it will look like. All I can say is it will be a freakin party. And I would assume it would be at least 10 times better than Rorex's Love on the Jersey Shore dance party, had the party been upstairs.

No comments:

Post a Comment