Friday, March 12, 2010

New Orleans

Tuesday afternoon, a few friends and I headed to the Big Easy for a Chick-fil-a Grand Opening. Chick-fil-a Grand Openings are very interesting and I will go into more detail on them at a later date in time. The focus of this post is strictly our experiences in New Orleans with a strong emphasis on Bourbon Street.

Bourbon Street is a place I had always heard of, never really giving much of a thought of going unless I was in the area. As it turns out, we were in the area, so we decided to go.

1. If you were to ask me to describe Bourbon Street, this would be my response, "Bourbon Street, the filthiest, nastiest, dirtiest, awesomest (I am aware awesomest is not a word) place."

2. There were people everywhere, I would hate to see the crowd for Mardi Gras.

3. In the 3 blocks we walked of it, there were at least 6 strip clubs.

4. Girls and guys visiting appear to have no shame when looking to take someone home.

5. I thought Knoxville was somewhat lenient with open container policies on Saturdays in the fall. They cannot even compare to the leniency of New Orleans open container laws.

6. There is a two floored Krystal

7. The hand grenade, some type of alcoholic beverage. Didn't have one, but apparently they're world famous and only in the French Quarter.

8. Hardly any natives on Bourbon Street. Not sure I met one person there who was from the area. Then found out it's a tourist area and that locals go to a different street near Bourbon.

9. Jake Luna likes to dance, and does it well

10. Lots of homeless people, not necessarily on Bourbon Street, but on the streets near it. Even spoke about the Gospel with a homeless man named Pete.

11. Some locals are very hard to understand.

12. Who Dat! I loved yelling Who Dat and getting instantaneous responses. These people love the Saints almost as Tennesseans love the Vols.

13. I want you to imagine more snacks than you can imagine- Nathan Brodale

1 comment:

  1. I do really love to dance. And this is a very accurate description of Bourbon Street. The more I recount my experience, the more I realize that one visit to Bourbon Street is likely enough. It was fun, probably too much.

    ReplyDelete