Sunday, February 28, 2010

What is in a nickname?

For the past 14 years of my life I have been carrying the same nickname, Mikey B (besides a brief stint from 6th-8th grade where it was real "cool" to call people by their last name). Do I like this name? Well of course I do, or else I would have made sure nobody would still call me Mikey B.

Through the long tenure of this nickname, I'm not sure I can think of someone I am not related to that doesn't call me Mikey. I really enjoy having a unique nickname, it gives me a feeling of love. If I had to guess though, most people who call me Mikey B have no idea what my real name is. They could probably guess it is Michael, but I would be willing to guess they do not know my last name.

Recently some of my friends have started calling me Mike or Mike B. I used to hate being called Mike, but now I kind of like it. Why the change? I do not know. Maybe I'm just maturing and Mike sounds more mature.

Only thing I know for sure is nothing sounds better than Michael.

3 comments:

  1. I like Michael the best too. One thing is for sure I will never call you "By It". That name doesn't even make sense.

    ReplyDelete